Marketing Manager - CBS News.comApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
We are an enthusiastic group focused on innovating and marketing the newsroom of future across multi-platforms. Our ideal candidate is passionate about the news industry, has strong analytical skills, and is interested in working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. CBS News Digital is seeking a Marketing Manager to help accelerate CBS News Digital growth on cbsnews.com and the 24/7 digital news destination CBSN.
- The Marketing Manager will employ proven tactics and new innovative approaches to acquire new users, deepen the engagement with existing users across our suite of digital products across desktop, mobile and connected TV devices.
- This position will lead the development and execution of campaigns that support breaking news, tentpole programming, ad sales initiatives, product launches, and events.
- The ideal candidate deep expertise in digital marketing tactics with a track record of success growing digital video revenue. This role is responsible for using data and marketing technology to drive increased video consumption across platforms.
- Plan monthly audience development campaigns to drive traffic and revenue growth to CBS News digital products.
- Manage the monthly marketing budget to support mobile app install, audience development and partner promotions.
- Lead development and execution of innovative marketing strategies involving personalization, marketing automation, and retargeting.
- Support ad sales initiatives delivering quality traffic to meet ad impression goals.
- The role supports a unique combination of digital marketing disciplines including audience development, partnerships, distribution, and newsletters.
- Conceptualize and implement optimization strategies to meet and exceed video stream volume and ROI targets.
- Launch campaigns and provide meticulous reporting and data-driven optimization recommendations.
- Breaking News Distribution: Grow distribution across key digital partnerships and OTT partners.
- Drive campaign optimization by testing new techniques, analyzing performance data, and shifting resources to top performing campaign elements. Communicate learnings on a regular basis across functional teams.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices in performance marketing.
- Launch campaigns to drive video streams, app installs, and increased visit frequency across platforms.
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree. 3+ years working in paid media.
- Self-motivated and results oriented with a high regard for attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skill set, capable of interpreting data and acting on results. Working knowledge of CRM metrics including, lead generation, customer acquisition, LTV, and engagement metrics.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Preferred experience with the news industry, media or ecommerce industry.
- A track record of success building and optimizing a portfolio of marketing campaigns and a comprehensive understanding of each element of paid/organic media
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled