Market Research Manager- EntertainmentApply
CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world’s largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive’s brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Truly premium content. At true scale. Only CBSi. CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
- Act as a thought leader in the domain of research, while advocating for people who use our products
- With the direction of the Senior Research Manager:
- Provide senior executives, product and marketing teams with market and consumer research to support strategy and product development
- Recommend appropriate research methodologies to answer questions from stakeholders
- Design and execute thoughtful quantitative research studies and recommend the appropriate methodologies for the project at hand; with an opportunity to work on qualitative research
- Communicate insights in a compelling and creative way through storytelling and data visualization
- Run ad hoc analyses to answer specific day to day questions or support larger initiatives
- Perform syndicated data analyses for marketing planning purposes using Nielsen TV ratings and comScore digital ratings
- Develop an understanding of competitive product offerings and user experiences across all platforms
- Conduct audience surveys on our sites/apps, as well as general market studies using a panel provider
- Develop RFP's and support the selection of research vendors.
- Conduct 1-on-1 usability of CBS sites/apps either in-person or online
- Opportunity to conduct focus groups and synthesize findings
- 3+ years of relevant market research experience with a proven track record of leveraging analytics to drive significant business impact, preferably in digital subscription services and/or digital media
- Strong quantitative research experience especially with data analysis that helps drive business decisions. Some qualitative experience preferred
- Experience with survey-based and analysis tools, such as SPSS and Qualtrics
- Skilled in preparing effective and meaningful presentations with clear narratives and impactful graphics to drive business decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional analytical abilities and strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Team player who excels in a collaborative environment
- Have a passion for entertainment content
- Experience working with syndicated datasets, such as Nielsen TV ratings and comScore digital ratings
- Experience working in digital subscription industry strongly preferred
- Experience with online usability tools, such as UserTesting.com
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled