Manager, Video OperationsApply
CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world’s largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive’s brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
- Analyze video performance across mobile and OTT services and provide insight to improve overall video quality based on data-driven metrics
- Coordinate tasks with Quality Assurance and Publishing teams to resolve issues found in automated testing solutions
- Manage and improve “eyes-on-glass” dashboards related to video service and delivery
- Contribute to the management of video distribution and infrastructure, including integration into CBSi websites, mobile websites, mobile and emerging platform applications
- Stay up to date on the latest in developments across DRM ecosystems
- Ability to operate independently, juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a results-oriented environment
- Additional other duties and roles, as assigned
- Experience with end-user insight tools and measuring video performance at scale
- Knowledge of streaming services and related vendors (ie. CDN's, Encoding Hardware, DRM, etc.)
- Must be self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and detail-oriented
- Strong technical skills - a problem solver with a passion for developing solutions and processes to address complex problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS degree and/or equivalent experience
- Basic Python and/or Bash scripting skills
- Understanding of broadcast signal chains
- Agile / Scrum Certified
- Experience working with the Platform MPX, Conviva, Thousand Eyes, Elasticsearch, NewRelic, etc.