Manager, Online Video Production, ETonline.comApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Burbank, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
We are hiring a manager for our team of digital video producers and hosts, who are responsible for writing and producing 4-5 news videos each per day and/or producing daily or weekly franchise series and integration videos.
- Manage and mentor up to a dozen full-time producer/hosts, including coordinating schedules and assignments for on-camera opportunities, providing constructive creative feedback about writing/producing, VO and on-camera delivery and helping to grow their skills over time.
- Manage the Senior Producer, News, and other video assignment leads in coordination with other editorial and social leads, as well as show producers and the newsdesk, to be sure all videos reflect our best and updated information.
- Coordinate closely with production and post-production team leads to ensure maximum efficiency and collaboration among video team staffers, particularly for news video production.
- Promptly assist in determining when acquisitions (photographs and video) will improve content or help break news.
- Work with our legal team and show producers to address and appropriately resolve any content concerns.
- Maintain consistent visual brand tone and style.
- Shifts may include nights and weekends and occasionally may require extended hours for breaking news or events coverage.
- This position reports to the Head of Video, ETonline.
- Work with producer/hosts who have daily/weekly recurring franchises to keep those series fresh, exciting and successful, and with staff to pitch and develop new series.
- Use audience data, artificial intelligence tools and other analytics to guide both story selection and measure success and conduct post-mortem assessments to continually improve and strengthen our work.
- In 2018, CBSi plans to launch an ET-branded streaming network. ETonline staff will be deeply involved in developing, producing and distributing content for and from that platform.
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- 8+ years of digital video production experience
- Management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
You might also have –
- An undeniable appetite and enthusiasm for working in an environment that can be different every day—and an unmistakable sense of urgency and ambition.
- A keen awareness of a digital media landscape that is constantly evolving and adapting as technology changes and audiences shift their attention and how that will affect our brand.
- The ability to keep your calm during a crisis. We’re committed to working hard and holding ourselves accountable but also encouraging the creative, competitive edge that naturally emerges when you actually love where you work. No screaming allowed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled