Manager, Growth & EngagementApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Inside Edition is a multi-platform news brand that includes the #1 News & Politics channel on YouTube and America’s longest-running and top-rated syndicated newsmagazine.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and motivated manager to lead the Inside Edition Growth & Engagement team and oversee our social platforms. The Manager, Growth & Engagement will lead a team of platform specialists to optimize, distribute and market digital content for Inside Edition.
- Responsible for high-level audience and monetization strategy across Inside Edition’s social and digital platforms
- Manage the Growth and Engagement Team, responsible for publishing and promoting Inside Edition content
- Identify and manage new areas of audience and revenue growth, including email newsletters, Apple News and emerging content platforms
- Work with Business Development and Sales teams to develop opportunities with platform partners and advertisers
- Provide senior, editorial, and video staff with up-to-date platform practices and marketing research to support content development
- Marketing Planning – Work with Inside Edition teams to develop high-level strategies for social, digital, and email marketing. This includes creating and presenting “principle documents” across our organization, such as Style Guides and Roadmaps
- Newsletter & Apple News – Develop our email and Apple News strategy and grow recurring readership
- Identify emerging platforms for audience growth and video monetization, and guiding the brand through approval process for entering platforms
- Coordinate platform strategies to ensure all arms of Inside Edition serve the same brand goals, while maintaining platform native identities
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- 5+ years of marketing experience, with an emphasis in the social and digital media space
- Experience leading a team
- Ability to translate analytics into action steps
- Understanding of how people consume content on emerging platforms
- Background in optimizing and distributing video
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
You might also have –
- An appetite for working in a media landscape that is constantly evolving and adapting as technology changes and audiences shift their attention
- An attentiveness to the shifting changes across marketing, and insight into how this will affect our brand
- Experience working interdisciplinary and communicating effectively across multiple teams.
- A background in video production
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled