CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
As with any company, everyone want to be a leader in their industry. Our mission is very simple, to be committed to quality, proactive not reactive; listen to our customers, and provide the best service possible. Our commitment to our vision and mission is demonstrated through our hands-on involvement in daily management and building operations.
This role will oversee 3 New York City locations and travel between locations up to 25% of time. The successful candidate will have excellent written and oral communication skills and have strong customer service skills. He/she must also demonstrate strong leadership skills and be just as comfortable working with customers and vendors as senior executives. Must be a self-starter who takes initiative and can work without much supervision. Have the ability to develop solutions to complex facilities issues and prioritize execution such that repairs and office renovations minimize impact on business.
- Implement building maintenance and operational programs to ensure efficiency and reliability of systems while maintaining first-class operations.
- Act as first point of contact for building and office maintenance requests.
- Help manage all vendor contracts in coordination with Director of Corporate Services.
- Keeping the office organized and running efficiently by helping to ordering office supplies and maintaining kitchens, distributing incoming mail and assisting in the coordination of deliveries incoming and outgoing.
- Manage office reconfiguration, space planning and seating relocation.
- Provides back-up Receptionist coverage at one property per lunch break, vacations and sick days.
- Complete additional duties as assigned.
- Growth in CBSi offices, market has driven the need to expand our Production Studio footprint. This role will assist in the design, budget creation, vendor selections, PM, and implementation of this expansion.
- Space capacity, tracking and maximization is a key role with this position. CBS Interactive, is swiftly growing in all markets. Our role is to timely communicate space constraints before they become a lack of space and/ or leasing dilemma.
- Assist in PM and budget tracking or numerous expansion efforts that are simultaneously taking place and will be on-going as the business grows.
You have --
- 5 + years of experience in facilities management role.
- 2 + years of experience as a supervisor.
- Highly energetic and superior customer service skills and orientation.
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills are required.
- Ability to maintain professionalism at all times under stressful situations.
- Ability to plan and manage work under time constraints.
- Able to lift 50 pounds on a daily basis.
- Flexibility with off hours efforts and occasional emergency response.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Troubleshooting skills required; must be able to determine a problem and develop a solution(s).
- Working knowledge and understanding of HVAC controls, heating systems, electrical systems, construction procedures and administration.
- Mechanically inclined and/ or handy with basic hand/ power tools.
- Implement preventive, ongoing and anticipated maintenance/repair programs.
- Manage third-party vendor contracted services as required, including periodic bidding and insurance updates.
- Emergency response and Fire Party experience.
- Displays a sense of urgency towards completing required tasks.
- Ensures appropriate follow up with customers.
You might also have --
- Strong project management skills.
- Superior client relationship management skills.
- Proficient with MicroSoft Excel, AutoCad and Microsoft Project
- Familiar with capital budget management.
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.