Manager, Email Marketing Operations - News and EntertainmentApply
CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world’s largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive’s brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
- Manage the execution of email production process and creation of all emails for US and international, including meticulous QA of the programs and campaigns, recommending changes in strategy where appropriate and ensuring flawless execution.
- Be accountable for the email project workflow, manage the team to deadlines and gather proper approval.
- Provide guidance to creative and development teams to make sure email messages are properly built to adhere to industry best practices.
- Manage the email request process and coordinate timeline and deliverables with all proper channels.
- Optimize email campaigns for deliverability, mobile rendering (responsive) and best possible open rates.
- Provide reporting, analysis and recommendations at the finish of the campaigns, while understanding milestones, success metrics and reporting requirements
- Automate and streamline email related processes.
- Manage subscribers database and work on data segmentation, list processing and querying using SQL.
- Partner with vendors whose platforms and tools are being utilized for better targeted and personalized email campaigns.
- Support launch of the campaigns for the latest CBS All Access Original Series, as well as premieres for other new shows and current hit series
- Help launch upcoming international initiatives & email marketing related projects
- Help grow CBSN email marketing reach and improve campaign KPI’s
- Utilize journey builder in Salesforce Marketing Cloud to improve churn, drive engagement and increase lifetime value
- Email marketing experience with 2-4 years hands-on experience in high-volume email marketing environment.
- Proven understanding of email best practices and broad knowledge of digital marketing to ensure email messages are properly developed to meet industry standards
- Must be a driven individual who can multi-task and thrives in a fast-paced environment with experience using email marketing platforms to create a campaign from beginning to end
- Proficient with HTML, CSS, Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, and a solid track record of developing and launching successful email marketing programs
- Proficient in the use of email tools, launching emails directly within ESP platform, specifically Salesforce Marketing Cloud (previously Exact Target) is required
- Experience setting up automated campaigns and journeys in ExactTarget (including Journey Builder)
- Experience segmenting data, using SQL to build queries and filter data lists
- Ability to work under firm deadlines and within a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Must be a self-motivated thought-leader with a can-do attitude who can organize their work, innovate and problem-solve.
- Experience supporting or assisting ecommerce or subscription services is a plus
- Experience working with email marketing related vendors such as Movable Ink
- Experience working in entertainment industry
- Experience working with deep linking capabilities
- Return Path and Litmus experience
- Working knowledge of analytics tools such as Omniture/Adobe Analytics
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled