Lead Software EngineerApply
CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world’s largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive’s brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
- Design, build, and support high performance, scalable, and innovative backend systems/services
- Develop backend APIs, implement system instrumentation, and provide documentation
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, product management, and QA teams to meet fixed deadlines
- Research, analyze, design, develop and test the solutions that are appropriate for business and technology strategies
- Work in all phases of a rapid product development lifecycle
- Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
- Help scale our API services/systems to cloud centric infrastructures and solutions
- Discover smarter ways to serve our content, whether algorithmically or via machine learning
- Discover reliable ways to lead, retrieve, store, and secure our data around the globe
- 10+ years of software engineering with a BS degree in Computer Science
- Excellent experience with Java and Spring/Spring Boot
- Strong proficiencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design/development
- Understanding on how to scale systems in a cloud environment to handle high volume traffic
- Working knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, cloud environments (GCP, AWS, etc.)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with RDBMs
- Experience with NoSQL solutions
- Experience with Search Technologies
- Experience with large data solutions such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Kafka, Storm etc.
- Proven ability to understand the business and ability to contribute to technology direction that gives to measurable business improvements
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.