Lead Software EngineerApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
- Collaborate with product leadership teams to implement new features and functionality for existing and emerging products.
- Actively participate in daily stand ups with the development team.
- Design and implement application roadmap items, participate in regular code reviews and developer check ins.
- Maintain application quality and work to ensure responsiveness and scalability from all applications and services.
- Create and enhance software services and components driving CBS Interactive content management, publishing, syndication businesses, and consumer sites.
- Customize and configure content management system (CMS) and support content creation/editorial publishing workflows
- Mentor and coach junior developers.
- 10+ years of proven experience leading the full lifecycle of agile software development creating robust and reliable solutions that deliver against ambitious product roadmaps across a portfolio of highly-trafficked sites and mobile applications
- Thorough knowledge of the Open Source content management platforms and deep familiarity with Drupal
- Expert in PHP, MySQL, UI Frameworks and development tools
- 3-5 years developing APIs and Microservice architectures, both for new products and as interfaces to legacy systems.
- Experience exploring/prototyping new technologies.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team alongside other developers contributing to the same code base library
- Experience working with both Agile and Waterfall development processes
- Very strong interpersonal skills; must be able to demonstrate an ability to work well with other non-technical members of the product team
- Experience leading agile engineering teams.
- Experience integrating ad serving products and analytics/reporting tools into desktop and mobile experiences
- Knowledge of advertising concepts (traditional and/or online) and SEO
- Deep experience with online video management and delivery
- Knowledge of multiple online publishing environments
- Front end development experience using Angular2 and/or React
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled