Lead Software Engineer- Video TechnologyApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
- A successful candidate will embrace our design concepts, agile development environment and be a collaborative team player able to communicate her/his ideas with colleagues and management.
- We are looking for the person who can work in a fast-paced environment and has a strong grasp of cutting edge video technologies.
- Utilize a combination of troubleshooting, technical, and communication skills to handle a mix of disparate tasks which includes project and software development work
- Manage cross-functional and third-party resources for the implementation of systems designs
- Work with internal and third-party systems to design automation systems for the configuration and management of video infrastructure
- Work closely with the team, communicate effectively and share ideas with colleagues and management
- Use different techniques to debug and optimize video infrastructure
- Be able to understand and execute video infrastructure requirements
- The candidate will work closely with engineering and product teams.
- Work closely with engineering and product teams to develop next-generation video infrastructure
- Contribute in an improvement of existing video delivery
You have –
- 5+ years of software engineering experience in Live and VOD video environments
- OTT and Mobile video streaming experience
- Deep knowledge of container formats, transmuxing and streaming protocols (HLS and DASH)
- Proven experience working with client-side video developers to optimize video playback
- Experience with H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, VP9 and AAC audio and video codecs
- Multi-DRM and rights management experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud environments and CDN delivery
- Knowledge of network routing protocols for IP, Source Specific Multi-casting, and UDP.
- Strong background in IP Networking.
- Experience performing load/stress tests on video infrastructure
- Experience with VR video delivery
- Experience with development of Chromecast applications
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled