Lead Editorial Designer-SFApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
- Work with editorial teams to discuss and conceptualize creative opportunities and design direction for stories and features.
- Lead and supervise other editorial designers--inspire them to push the envelope by employing diverse techniques to better support the central theme of our stories.
- Collaborate with design, product and editorial teams to design brand and franchise visual identities.
- Ensure creative is innovative and contextually/tonally-appropriate and platform-optimized (Web, Apple News, IGTV, AMP stories, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube).
- Regularly connect with the senior design director to ensure concepts are aligned with strategies and delivering on goals and market opportunities.
- Manage creative requests from partners in editorial, social and marketing teams. Work with them to manage scope and timelines.
- Special profiles & exclusive interviews with celebrities, Hollywood actors and notable heads of industry and major corporations.
- Exclusive features with the likes of Apple, Google, Microsoft, Sony, Samsung, Marvel and Amazon on top-secret projects. Shh!
- Unique illustrations and visualizations for special features on topics like technology, politics, movies, TV and gaming culture, social media, space travel, online dating and more.
- Inspiring modern identity design for brands and franchises that resonate on site, video, podcasts and social.
- Stunning brand guides that capture the vision and visual language of evolving brands.
- 5+ years of editorial design experience working with editorial teams on consumer-facing premium publisher brands.
- A strong visual portfolio that demonstrates command of graphic design, colour theory, typography, illustration and conceptual thinking.
- You can tackle a brief with a strong sense of visual storytelling, audience insights and content judgement and apply an understanding of current design trends with a fresh angle.
- A great understanding of the modern media landscape including potential and limitations of digital and emerging platforms.
- Great communicator and positive attitude: you have the ability to articulate decisions clearly and effectively across all functions and levels.
- Experience supervising other designers and love to lead by example and encouragement.
- Thrives under pressure in a busy, often quickly changing environment of breaking news.
- Understanding of project management tools like Asana and creative tools like Adobe suite and sketch.
- Motion design/animation capability would be a benefit.
- Experience working with distributed teams.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled