Junior Account ExecutiveApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
The CNET Media Group team is a talented and diverse collection of Integrated sellers, who represent the full suite of CBS Interactive Properties, with a focus on our leading brands across Tech, Gaming, Entertainment, Food and Music. These include brands such as CNET, GameSpot, TVGuide, ETOnline, Chowhound and Last.fm. More than 100 million people rely on these brands to stay informed and make smarter decisions at home, work, and while making purchases and viewing decisions.
- The Account Executive is responsible for managing all aspects of sales generation for CNET Media Group in his/her assigned territory/vertical in order to consistently meet or exceed territory sales goals.
- The Account Executive works with existing and potential clients to determine their business needs and formulate an ad sales solution. Establish in-person relationships with clients by conducting high volume of face to face calls. The Account Executive should be constantly coming up with ways to educate/consult customers and providing tools/data/research/ideas to help advertisers do their jobs. Develop account and territory strategies for long term development and revenue growth.
- Develop and set the strategic direction required to meet and exceed sales quotas.
- Development of new business lines and strategic engagements with top marketers, and ad agencies.
- Develop the sales pipeline to maximize revenue and provide accurate forecasting.
- Be recognized as a sales leader within the territory.
- Be trained on our solutions and sales techniques.
- Demonstrate motivation to sell and have a love of our industry.
- Work with sales management to set goals for your region.
- Generate a high volume of sales, prospects, presentations, RFPs, and deals.
- Work with team to provide ongoing sales support to your efforts.
- Experience in both branding and direct response online advertising sales and a strong understanding of the overall online advertising landscape.
- Attend industry trade shows and local events to meet clients and cultivate relationships
- Proactively communicate account and sales information to management and other team members through regular call reports
- Manage the relationship with a dedicated Account Manager and Client Services support team to distribute workload and optimize efficiency of territory
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- A proven track record selling to national agencies as well as direct clients in a designated geographical region or vertical.
- Excellent book of client and agency contacts
- Must possess superb organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think quickly and develop, structure, negotiate, draft and maintain advertiser partnerships, alliances, and relationships.
- Proven track record of revenue generation in online advertising sales and exceeding goals.
- They will have a strong desire to win, and to continually develop their personal and professional skills.
- Well developed presentation skills
- Ability to manage stress well, and juggle multiple account challenges at once.
- Strong computer skills.
- BS/BA degree, or equivalent training and experience
- 4 years+ proven experience in online advertising sales.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled