Interactive Product Designer - Media Design TeamApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
The Media Brands Design team features a distributed unit of talented designers in San Francisco, Vancouver, London and New York producing engaging products for a portfolio of premium brands such as TV Guide, Chowhound, Metacritic, Download, Last.fm, TV.com and MetroLyrics.
We are seeking a dedicated, highly-engaged product designer for the Chowhound & Metacritic brands. Chowhound is the premier destination for food enthusiasts to discover new destinations and skills in the kitchen – connecting passionate food lovers to the largest online community of contributors and editorial content. Metacritic is the best critic-review score aggregator in the world. Everyday millions of people use the famous metascore to guide their decisions on what best games, movies, music and tv shows to check out.
- A passionate user-centric designer who can take complex concepts and design accessible, contemporary user-interfaces and experiences that provide real value to users. In this role you will consider the concerns of the user, the goals of the business and ways to innovate and elevate the experience overall. A design-thinking methodology will be essential and the need to ensure consistency in the design language throughout the brand experience.
- This will require frequent collaboration with product owners, engineers, program managers and marketing/sales partners to ensure you make informed decisions through the creative process that result in products that deliver clear value for our users and business.
- A willingness to research about the market for each brand and the consumer concerns coupled with exploring latest interactive design practices will be key to providing beautiful designs that are balanced across any device.
- Research latest design techniques, trends and innovations in mobile and desktop visual design. Explore new experiences in the market for each brand.
- Use design and prototyping tools to create high-fidelity mockups that demonstrate interaction flows across desktop and mobile web that will resonate with our target audience.
- Taking part in daily brand standups with partners in product and engineering and also collaborate in sprint kick-offs and retrospectives.
- Participate in discussions with product and engineering partners to explore new solutions to convey ideas in tangible form.
- Regularly connect with Design Director to ensure concepts are in-line with overall product design standards and strategies.
- Produce Sales and Future Strategic Product concepts when required.
- Be expected to present concepts to various stakeholders, explaining your creative process along the way laying out clearly why you made the decisions you did and how they address product goals.
- Must also help provide requirements when needed and develop interactive prototypes.
- A mobile-centric experience that focus on providing value for passionate foodies seeking the next hip destination around town.
- A new experience that allows movie fans and gamers the ability to rate, review and discover related content easier than ever before.
- Explore new branding concepts that focus on opening up the value of the Metascore to new audiences.
- Partner with Editorial and Video producers to oversee the creation of unique new premium content for broad platform distribution.
- Create and manage new brand style guides that will provide front-end teams updated style information for use in development, whilst including any associated brand assets for other partners in the organization.
- Partner with Product, Sales and Marketing to provide new concepts for campaign proposals, RFPs and potential new product concepts.
- Have a solid portfolio showcasing your complete design thinking process from first sketches to final execution. You should be able to demonstrate experience of user-centric problem solving leading to positive results
- Be a collaborative team player that can work with a distributed team using tools like Slack, Google Hangaouts, Zoom. GoToMeeting
- Thrive working on multiple projects while demonstrating the creative agility to work both conceptually and pragmatically to balance business objectives with user-focused solutions.
- Have an understanding of common design issues, challenges and guidelines and experienced in designing for content-heavy layouts.
- Be experienced in UX prototyping tools such as Sketch, Invision, Marvel, Principle, Webflow or similar products.
- Be comfortable giving presentations to stakeholders.
You may also have:
- Knowledge of Adobe’s Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop, Illustrator).
- User testing and data analysis skills.
- Experience working with a premium publisher.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.