Human Resources ManagerApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
HR & talent initiatives, working alongside managers on all aspects of people management and employee relations.
Based in San Francisco, CA, you will provide generalist HR support for our Marketing, Technology Operations, and Revenue Operations clients as well as partnering with our managers and employees across multiple functional The HR Manager (HR Business Partner) plays a key role in translating business objectives into actionable areas.
Reporting to the VP HR, you will provide solutions-focused HR guidance and best practice to help your business units achieve their goals. This includes helping attract and hire great talent, developing high potential employees and creating a great place to work and learn.
- Will include building effective partnerships with your business unit management to build a culture of innovation and performance excellence.
- As a member of the HR team, you will provide generalist HR support across the business in areas including organizational design, performance management, leadership development, succession planning, talent acquisition, diversity and inclusion, HR operations (including compensation, HRIS and benefits), and employee relations;
In your first year with CBS Interactive you will own and lead projects including:
- Job Architecture - you will be a member of the CBSi Job Architecture "Jobs" team. The Jobs Team provides strategic guidance to our HRBPs and hiring managers on career levels, job titles and compensation.
- Employee Relations - you will be a trusted resource to our employees, championing their needs and balancing these with the objectives of the business
- Developing Top Talent - you will be creative thinker on how to attract, retain and grow our high potential employees so that they have long and prosperous careers at CBS Interactive
- Org design - partner with the VP HR to build and implement team structures focused on driving revenue and business performance
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- 3 - 5 years of well-rounded HR experience in a professional environment where customer service is paramount; well-versed in disciplines of the HR function and current in emerging talent practices and developments;
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, presentation and negotiation skills;
- Must demonstrate influence and client consulting skills with employees, managers and senior leadership;
- Demonstrated good HR judgment in dealing with complex employee relations cases
- Detail and goal-oriented with a passion for excellence and have the flexibility to deal with multiple and changing priorities while focused on delivering great customer service and quality;
- Must be confident in handling ambiguity and fluid situations and have an abundance of common sense and pragmatism;
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and statutes which govern policies and practices of hiring, compensation and benefits and general employment;
- BS/BA in Business, Industrial Psychology, or Human Resources; PHR designation highly desired;
- In addition, CBS will be guided by applicable federal, state and local laws when considering employment-qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled