Hair/Makeup - ET StreamApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Burbank, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Entertainment Tonight is launching an interactive streaming news network delivering celebrity, pop culture and lifestyle content and premium video. It will be available live and on-demand 24/7 via our app, on OTT, desktop, mobile and across social platforms. We strive to have our original reporting and exclusive access drive the conversation.
We’re looking for a professional makeup artist/hairstylist to prepare on-air hosts and guests for live programming. This is a hybrid role responsible for airbrush/manual application of makeup as well as all hair-styling for clients, including round-brushing, curling, straightening, volumizing and final styling. The right candidate needs to be experienced with a diverse range of clients and styles and stay up to date on the latest techniques, trends, styles and products.
- Apply makeup and style hair for a wide range of tones, types and textures to client’s satisfaction
- Work quickly, professionally and positively under pressure in a deadline-driven environment
- Provide your own tools and products (reimbursable), including clip-in hair extensions
- Maintain awareness of health and safety standards
- Provide guidance to freelance artists as needed
- Manage pace of sessions to stay on schedule
What you bring to the team:
- 2 years+ makeup and hairstyling experience for HDTV
- Cosmetology license or certified training for an accredited school/salon or equivalent
- Current and ongoing knowledge, skills and standards of makeup, beauty and styling products/techniques
- Online portfolio demonstrating a variety of looks
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed, including event coverage
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled