Graphics Manager, Digital Video - CBS News.comApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
CBSN: our 24-hour CBS News digital streaming network, featuring live anchored coverage by CBS News correspondents, including breaking news and original programming from around the globe, as well as content from our folio of leading news brands, including 60 Minutes, The CBS Evening News, Face the Nation, and CBS This Morning.
Download the CBS News mobile app, watch us on Apple TV, Roku and Amazon Fire TV or on your desktop at
- CBS News Digital is seeking a Video Graphics Manager to to manage and develop a team of motion and live-video designers, primarily leading design efforts for CBSN.
- The Video Graphics Manager will work with the Creative Director to help set and maintain the visual identity for all of our CBSN live programming, as well as our on-demand video efforts, including original documentary series and franchises, as well as social video. They will be responsible for establishing style guides and best practices, and for incorporating CBS News visual brand sensibilities in all designs, consistently and efficiently. The successful candidate must be capable of working in a high-pressure, fast-changing live news environment; balancing competing priorities diplomatically and quickly; and working independently, showing leadership and team spirit in a complex work environment.
- We seek a designer who lives and breathes motion design; whose work displays attention to detail, a strong command of typography, and an aesthetic that is never behind our current moment.
- Oversee the creation of day-of show template-driven and custom motion and static graphics (lowers, phoners, maps, infographics, etc…) using VizRT, After Effects, and other tools
- Create custom graphics packages for special reports
- Create custom brand identities and graphics packages for new show segments and franchises
- Create title sequences and explainer graphics for original documentary works
- Oversee design of on-set monitor graphics
- Manage a 5-6 person design team in their day-to-day duties: helping with scheduling, training and art direction
- Help to lead and execute a pending top-down re-design of our entire CBSN graphics package, including an overhaul of all cosmetic elements, motion logics, transitions and producer templates
- Build out comprehensive but intuitive style and brand guides
- Help direct brand strategy for CBS News Digital Video (from motion branding to bugs, slates and social video) bringing an iconic and, just as importantly, consistent brand expression to all our video products and properties
- Work with the digital product team to take advantage of emerging technologies and partners to bring new user-centered functionality to our video products: including interactivity and multi-stream channel changing
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- 6 to 8 years as graphics designer in television, digital media or online news
- At least 2 years as a Senior or Manager-level designer, with demonstrated experience managing teams and leading complex design projects from concept to air
- Demonstrated ability to create graphics and visual displays while integrating sound editorial judgment
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast paced media environment, and to collaborate productively and efficiently with editorial, technical and producer teams
- Experience with VizRT or other live-environment tools (ideally Viz experience includes Template Wizard, Transition Logic, and basic Scripting)
- Experience with After Effects, Adobe CC, Cinema 4D/Maya/other 3D programs
- Schedule flexibility, including occasional early mornings, late nights and weekends.
- Candidates must send a reel when they apply
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled