Full Stack EngineerApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Build products in entertainment content verticals for CBS Interactive, one of the largest global premium content publishers
The CBS Television Distribution group at CBS Interactive creates video-based desktop, mobile, and app experiences for our syndicated television brands, including: Entertainment Tonight, Inside Edition, Rachael Ray, Doctor Phil, and The Doctors. The team works across broadcast and digital to deliver premium video, social, and mobile experiences.
As we expand our business, we need a senior engineer that can help lead the way. Our ideal senior engineer isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. You understand what it takes to build products that keep fans coming back for more. Your mind shifts seamlessly between web, mobile, apps, and devices. You weave social into the fabric of your solutions. Your head is in the cloud, your arms are around distributed frameworks, and your toes tap to an agile beat. Your personality leads you to obsess over details until you get a deliverable just right. Your passion inspires your co-workers and pushes their limits to deliver excellence. You love the idea of working on a distributed team of code crafters to create new business opportunities.
- Help create and enhance software services and components driving CBS Interactive content management, publishing, syndication businesses, and consumer sites.
- Customize and configure content management system (CMS) and support content creation/editorial publishing workflows.
- Collaborate with product leadership teams to implement new features and functionality for existing and emerging products.
- Actively participate in daily stand ups with the development team.
- Contribute to application roadmap items, participate in regular code reviews and developer check ins.
- Maintain application quality and work to ensure responsiveness and scalability from all applications and services.
- Contribute to continuous integration, code testing, and engineering best practices across all development projects.
- 3+ years of full-stack development experience spanning all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Thorough knowledge of the Open Source content management platforms and deep familiarity with Drupal
- Expert in PHP, MySQL, UI Frameworks and development tools
- 1-4 years developing APIs and Microservice architectures, both for new products and as interfaces to legacy systems.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team alongside other developers contributing to the same code base library
- Very strong interpersonal skills; must be able to demonstrate an ability to work well with other non-technical members of the product team
You might also have--
- Experience integrating ad serving products and analytics/reporting tools into desktop and mobile experiences
- Working knowledge of advertising concepts (traditional and/or online) and SEO
- Deep experience with online video management and delivery
- Knowledge of multiple online publishing environments
- Front end development experience using Angular2 and/or React
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.