Full Stack Engineer, Client PlatformsApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Based in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Louisville, Kentucky, our small, but enthusiastic, media brand teams work within the portfolio of CBS Interactive to deliver highly engaging and innovative consumer facing products across the landscape of digital platforms including Desktop, Mobile, and Connected Devices. Our diverse blend includes TVGuide, Download, Chowhound, Metacritic, TV.com, Metrolyrics and Last.fm.
- Collaborate with design and product to iterate on our client delivery platforms
- Build efficient and reusable front-end components and abstractions
- Participate in code/peer reviews
- Identify and recommend best-of-breed technology stack for interactive consumer experiences across web and mobile devices
- Collaborate with QA to maintain application stability and work to ensure responsiveness and scalability for all client applications and web services
- Use AGILE-based development methodologies and project management software solutions (daily standups, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, etc,…)
- Improve user engagement through refresh of site flows
- Update existing tech stacks to modern technologies
- Convert existing adaptive web sites to a truly responsive paradigm
- HTTP to HTTPS conversions with considerations towards HTTP2
- Monitor and improve site page performance by introducing technologies such as Progressive Web Apps
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with API Creation and RESTful services
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and server/client-side performance considerations
- Demonstrable experience of AGILE practices and techniques
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to excel in a team oriented environment
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented Programming
You might also have:
- Experience with PHP MVC frameworks (Symfony, Laravel, etc,…)
- Experience with Webpack
- Familiarity with web monetization practices and technologies (Google Adsense, DFP/XFP ads, Taboola, etc,…)
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Experience supporting and enhancing digital publishing systems (OVP, CMS)
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CBS Interactive provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.