Front-End Engineer, CBS Sports DigitalApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Do you have a passion for Sports? Do you love to code? If you answered yes, then CBS Sports Digital may be looking for you! CBSSports.com is looking for an experienced Software Developer for our CBSSports.com engineering team. To be successful at this job, you need to bring a winning attitude and mad coding skills.
- Design and develop the next generation of world class sports video products
- Write front end code targeting a diverse array of mainstream video platforms
- Make upgrades and add new features to existing applications/platforms with an emphasis on performance and user experience
- Design tools to aid in live event/streaming operations
- Build applications to allow video contributors to post video content faster and easier
- Work across a diverse group of OTT platforms
- Standardize and optimize video player architecture
- Create unique video experiences across the portfolio of CBS Sports brands
- Support live streaming events
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- You are familiar with various video streaming/encoding technologies and formats and have experience working with mainstream open-source video libraries
- You could write a simple application to consume an API in your sleep
- You've got a strong ability to develop enterprise-level sites or applications with expertise in UI/UX implementation
- You’re eager to explore emerging video platforms/technologies and embrace challenge
- Experience with Roku/BrightScript development a major plus
- You’re comfortable working with PHP or a similar server side scripting language
- You possess strong initiative and the ability for creative thinking with product development staff plus the ability to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment
- You have excellent understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design
- Worked with agile processes
- Experience using or writing APIs, preferably using Rest protocol
- Familiarity with using version control systems. (Git/Stash preferred)
- You love sports, fantasy sports and/or sports gaming
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.