Financial Planning & Analysis AnalystApply
We are an enthusiastic group helping to lead the future of media and technology by providing Financial Planning support to all of CBS Interactive.
CBS Interactive is looking for a Financial Analyst to join their Financial Planning & Analysis team in New York, NY. The Financial Analyst will support the CBS News Digital Group of CBS Interactive. As part of an aligned FP&A team, the Financial Analyst will report directly into the News FP&A Lead and will assist in ensuring the accuracy and integrity of forecasts and budgets, tracking performance, managing monthly operating expenses, and using analysis to assist in driving informed decision making.
You’ll be working closely with the News Finance Lead for the budgeting and forecast of the CBS News Digital group.
You’ll be responsible for creating and maintaining complex financial models to support the budgeting, forecasting and expansion of CBS News Digital business.
Reconciliation and variance analysis of forecast to actual results. Work with Accounting in preparation for monthly close and analysis of results versus forecast/budget.
Work with different business partners around the company (HR, Product, Engineering, Marketing) gaining insight and knowledge that could affect forecasts
You’ll create strategic value-added analyses around growth opportunities, expense optimization, and core business metrics and to drive better decisions and results
Business modeling. Build and maintain brand level capacity models, working with the Business Intelligence and Yield Management teams to source user, customer and monetization
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 2-4 years experience in FP&A, finance or equivalent quantitative roles.
- High level of proficiency in excel, experience in preparing complex financial models and manipulating large datasets
- Strong communicator with the ability to moderate based on audience and demonstrate an ability to partner with a range cross functional partners
- Experience in a highly analytical environment
- Strong work ethic, accurate and attention to detail required
- Ability to work quickly and accurately on multiple projects concurrently
- Finance/Economics/Mathematics/Accounting major preferred
- Strong interest in News