CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
- Create and manage an editorial roadmap and set a consistent voice and style across Chowhound web and mobile destinations
- Guide the new creative direction of Chowhound through leading creative brain-storming and pitch sessions
- Key focus on group's business goals, including but not limited to significant traffic and commerce revenue growth, increased engagement through social media and content development for target audience segments
- Conceptualize and produce the brand’s 360 coverage (editorial, social and video) of tentpole food events as well as help develop original Chowhound experiential activations
- Collaborate with the Director, Content Operations, Social, and Video Leads to manage the creative output of the team
- Constantly reinforce digital, as well as food media vertical, editorial best practices.
- Participate in on-camera (radio and/or podcast) editorial and promotional opportunities for the brand as needed
- Be an SEO expert; understanding how to develop and optimize headlines, video text and photos to drive engagement and audience to the content and editorial experiences the team develops.
- Guide direction in how we continue to nurture our robust community following
- 5+ years of experience working on a multi-platform digital food lifestyle brand
- Proven experience leading and motivating a team of writers, producers and editors
- A flexibility to express our editorial vision within the context of a commerce-driven revenue model
- Strong journalistic fundamentals, including excellent writing and editing skills, astute ethical judgment and the ability to work under tight deadline pressure
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding leadership skills
- Out-of-the-box thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated experience creating food media content that can scale
- Avid social media following, including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube – and ideas of how best to leverage that following for a media brand
- Experience developing original video series for a lifestyle media brand
- Comfort level with Product and Engineering teams
- Experience collaborating with a variety of distribution partners
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled