EST/VOD Manager, Night Shift - CBS.comApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
- Provide hands-on leadership to an existing team by communicating/setting job expectations, planning, monitoring, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Act as escalation path for prioritizing products, facilitating corrections to rejections and resolving issues when they arise.
- Assign tasks using google docs for completion & delivery to VOD & EST partners. Tasks include digitization of tape & broadcast formats, transcoding to multiple digital file deliverables, formatting video, closed caption, and metadata content while adhering to specifications and publishing requirements.
- Approve all packages prior to VOD deliveries and ensure that all scheduled programming have been received by partners.
- Respond and execute VOD audits, root cause analysis, and rejection tracking.
- Monitor and meet service level agreement for partner delivery and react as needed to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Summarize progress status on shift reports and able to create an action plan based on resource, staffing and production schedules.
- Measure KPIs for accountability and utilization
- Foster a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Oversee nightly ingest of Primetime & Late Night Shows for immediate delivery to EST/VOD partners.
- Process live reality TV finales for EST/VOD and CBS.com such as Survivor, Amazing Race, Big Brother which can include numerous bonus clips & promos.
- Manage tentpole events such as Grammys, Emmys, ACMs, an/dor Tonys that require weeks leading up to and day-of of marketing materials from behind the scenes to the red carpet.
- Completion of CBS Library content for Partner Launches and CBS.com of currently airing & library free streaming products.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training & experience in Production or Operations.
- Previous experience in managing a team is preferred or a minimum of 3+ years direct project management experience in creating and distributing digital video products with ultra-short turnaround times as well as larger scale digital video product launches.
- Must be able to work 5 pm to 2 am, Sun - Thursday and available during tentpole events.
- Proven leadership skills – excellent communication, leads by example, provides direction, feedback, motivates and has ability to influence.
- Strong organizational and communication abilities with experience working with diverse teams.
- Quick thinker and excels in the area of problem solving, demonstrate ability to multi-task, display a short learning curve
- Enthusiasm and enjoy TV/Film/Digital Media
- Experience with FCP or Adobe Premiere Editing Suites.
- Knowledge of MACCAPTION, Digital Rapids, Telestream/Vantage.
- Familiarity with controls in a CMS tool for online publishing