CBS News Digital is seeking a Director of Social Media to lead our fast-paced digital media social team. The candidate should have a strong social media, editorial and management background and a clear ability to work collaboratively across newsroom expertise; including text, video, live and SEO. They will oversee CBS News social strategy in collaboration with senior management.S/he will also manage team on the day to day of content publication and news sourcing on social platforms with a focus on identifying stories that will encourage user engagement (ctr) and content sharing.
The Director of Social Media will also be responsible for creating clear benchmarks, tracking and reviewing social media activity and partnering with our Growth & Engagement team to increase click through rates and engagement. The successful candidate will be an analytics maven with expertise in tracking and testing content.
The ideal candidate will be well versed in the best practices of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Reddit. Understanding the most current and changing content strategies and marketing techniques utilized by these platforms.
· Oversee CBS News social media strategy across all programs and platforms
· Manage team of social media producers who create social content consistent with the CBS News brand
· Collaborate closely with other CBS News Digital department leads to ensure efficient, integrated approach to news gathering and publication
· Source stories from social media platforms with potential for viralility
· Partner with BI & Growth team to set effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs and use systematic measurement of performance based on postings and traffic to gauge audience growth and ROI
· Report on content from social media platforms, including coaching and sharing best practices with staff that posts on network, program and individual’s social feeds
· Develop and maintain relationships with representatives from social media platforms and third party platforms
· Drive collaboration with all departments including CBS News broadcast teams, to create and manage promotional plans that utilize the latest social media techniques
· Build effective, mutually beneficial partnerships with external editorial and cultural outlets
· Actively lead diverse team of direct reports utilizing best practices in mentorship, coaching and career development.