Director, Social - CBS Alternative & SpecialsApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Burbank, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Our social and content teams are responsible for developing and producing compelling stories—as told through video, editorial, and social platforms—that promote programming for both CBS and CBS All Access. Regardless of the medium, our team also optimizes the best of CBSi's content to drive fan acquisition, engagement, and retention by leveraging data analytics, analyzing the competitive landscape, and recognizing opportunities for innovation in this always-on world.
CBS Interactive is looking for a Director of Social who is passionate about social media and understands how to use the medium to tell stories and create rich social experiences. The ideal candidate for this position has experience setting social strategy, developing social campaigns and leading a team of social producers.
- Define, document and lead social content and rollout strategy for a diverse portfolio of alternative programs and broadcast specials, including Big Brother, Survivor, and The GRAMMYs
- Lead a team of social producers to produce content that is engaging, shareable, and entertaining
- Supervise planning, execution and measurement of digital and social media programs and campaigns, as well as ongoing community management work
- Proactively looking ahead to key tentpoles throughout the year and define strategy with lead time
- Implement best practices and standards across various platforms and communities (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat)
- Study competitor strategies, industry trends and innovation, and social analytics to ensure CBS is ahead of the curve
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to synchronize efforts and effectively communicate goals, strategies and results
- Create new to market digital activations that are innovative and press-worthy to keep CBS alternative programming on the forefront of innovation
- Work with integrated marketing and content strategy to create sponsorship opportunities for award shows such as The GRAMMYs, ACM Awards, and The Tony Awards
- Create and implement social strategies that ignite fan activity and inspire conversation
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- 6+ years of social media marketing and management
- Proven track record of successful digital and social media marketing campaign
- Experience leading a team
- Expert understanding of social platforms, management and analysis tools
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the entertainment industry with a specific interest in television
- Proven collaborator and ability to work across multiple functions and divisions.
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to articulate concepts to a variety of stakeholders
You might also have -
- Experience covering live events in a social media capacity
- Demonstrated ability to be creative and think big, contributing fresh ideas leveraging analytics/data
- Experience working with talent and publicists to execute social media initiatives
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled