Director, Program ManagementApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Based in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Louisville, Kentucky, our small, but enthusiastic, media brand teams work within the portfolio of CBS Interactive to deliver highly engaging and innovative consumer facing products across the landscape of digital platforms including Desktop, Mobile, and Connected Devices. Our diverse blend includes TVGuide, Download, Chowhound, Metacritic, TV.com, Metrolyrics and Last.fm.
As a Director of Program Management, on a growing and geographically diverse development team, you will be responsible for ensuring the successful AGILE based product delivery for all consumer facing technology programs and projects in the media brands portfolio. You will leverage Scrum and other AGILE approaches to champion, measure, and accelerate cross-team digital product delivery and empower groups to leverage a consistent framework for adaptability and rapid business changes and innovation. You will have the opportunity to select tool sets that drive this highly collaborative environment and you will ensure that there is adequate process training, coaching and support available to the entirety of the organization. This is a hands-on leadership role.
- Establish and drive program management policy, process, and metrics across all programs.
- Enable a high degree of collaboration and dependency management across all programs.
- Drive delivery of all engineering roadmaps and commitments (on-time, within budget, quality level).
- Drive communication transparency and delivery accountability across the organization.
- Ensure consistency in management execution across the portfolio of programs
- Standardize processes for managing schedule, scope, risks, and dependencies
- Work with software developers, technical and business management, department heads, product developers and QA specialists (includes local and distributed teams)
- Interface with lines of businesses to ensure expectations are met and quality of delivery is smooth and efficient
- Maintain accountability for the overall health of programs across financial, engineering best practices, quality, and AGILE delivery spectrums
- Grow program managers and scrum masters in accordance with the company career model framework. Staff programs effectively as needs arise
- Support organizational initiatives as part of overall continuous improvement for the technology organization
- Provide senior level executive communications on status of programs and key risks/mitigation plans
- Resolve issues and blockers for engineering programs and escalates to senior executive leadership as needed
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years of team leadership and managing engineering teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Expert experience in Program Management concepts and strategy
- Strong experience in AGILE software delivery
- Experience working with multiple business groups to balance expectations
- Knowledge of technical software development and quality engineering concepts
- A track record of successfully delivering programs in a large matrixed organization
- Superb written and verbal communications, presentation skills, and meeting facilitation skills
- Mentoring release/project/program management staff
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Detail oriented and organized
You might also have:
- Ability to understand technologies applicable to assigned product or service area and facilitate resolution of technical needs as they arise
- Experience leading business and technology in vetting technical options. The drive and determination to personally see things through to completion
- Ability to create trust, and to motivate
- Assembled and led great teams (with direct reports)
- Good understanding of server and cloud computing technologies from providers such as AWS and Rackspace.
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CBS Interactive provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.