Director, Post Production & CreativeApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
CBS Sports Digital seeks an experienced production executive to join the Programming team as Director, Creative Services and Post Production. The Director position will help oversee all original production across our digital platforms. The Director will be responsible for supervising and managing all aspects of physical and post-production for series, Features, and pilot productions including production planning, crew staffing, scheduling, budgeting, production and post-production. The Director will be responsible for managing the workflow of post-production and creative services. In addition to managing day-to-day operations, the Director will work manage the creative team, ensuring the best possible production process with all parties. The position will employ the help freelance talent and should have an extensive list of contacts they can utilize on a project basis. Responsibilities will include post-production scheduling, project budget tracking, production resource management, and setting up and maintaining vendor relationships. This candidate is required to promote efficient, timely asset delivery and adherence to procedure. The candidate must be detailed oriented with excellent organizational, multi-tasking and communication skills.
- Supervise all aspects of post-production and develop effective procedures and systems to keep productions running smoothly.
- Attend relevant department/project status meetings.
- Work closely with Engineering and Operations to streamline systems and procedures.
- Assist in the reporting of music usage into reporting software when needed.
- Effectively communicate with Producers and Features team in the execution of their duties.
- Draft and publish initial production budgets, schedules and planning documents.
- Continually monitor all projects in progress with regard to schedule strategy, update meetings, etc.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Provide daily supervision for Craft Editors, Designers, GFX, and Production Coordinators for scripted programming, all features, and podcasts.
- Work closely within the organization to manage each project efficiently from pre-production through delivery.
- Stay abreast of new developing digital production technologies, workflows, and new cameras.
- Able to travel both domestically and internationally when required.
- Work closely with Features team, Studio, Integrated Marketing, and manage Creative team to anticipate production needs and ensure the on-time and on-budget delivery of projects, and to successfully realize the vision of each group.
- Support in Awards process, including completing submission materials and entry forms (eg Emmy submissions).
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- 10+ years experience in pre-production through post-production.
- Proven track record of fostering, building, and maintaining relationships with key external and internal clients.
- A high integrity level and a passion for, and caring about, the quality of programming that airs on the network.
- Thorough knowledge of promo, post-production, and operations.
- Experience building and working as part of a cohesive team.
- Excellent computer skills, database management, etc.
- Ability to manage and maintain work systems and procedures.
- Flexibility and the ability to perform effectively under stress and meet deadlines.
- The ability to work at the strategic level as well as operating day-to-day activities.
- Extremely goal oriented with the ability to prioritize.
- Excellent communications and relationship skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled