Director, Human ResourcesApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Our team is a diverse and agile group of HR Professionals and we collaborate with our business units to help them drive their business goals and profitability through tailor made HR strategies. Our role is to help our business build great teams, nurture high performance and create a great place to work and learn. We are HR generalists to the core and collaborative across all business functions and HR verticals.
- We are looking for a new team member who thrives in a high-tech, friendly environment and who will provide leadership, creativity and efficiency to all operational elements of Human Resources. In this role you will provide expert consulting and leadership on a variety of generalist HR issues including, but not limited, to organizational design, performance management, leadership development and coaching, succession planning, talent acquisition, diversity and inclusion, HR operations (including compensation, HRIS and benefits), and employee relations.
- You will play several roles within the business: First and foremost, you will be a trusted senior advisor to your client groups, providing strategic input and consultation as well as tactical and operational support across our US and International Tech businesses. Secondly, you will play an active part in the CNET Media Group HR team, participating in group-wide HR initiatives, supporting the VP Human Resources in key strategic and tactical projects. Finally, you will play a central role within the wider HR team, leading the team by example and helping integrate the CMG HR team into the wider group.
- This is a HR role with a global remit and it will be up to you to ensure that our business strategies translate into actionable HR initiatives across all of our international regions
- Provide expertise and best practices in organizational design and change management using data and analysis to identify and address key business opportunities
- Provide HR support across US, EMEA and APAC territories, helping leaders define, develop and deliver HR strategies across multiple international locations in keeping with local policies and regulations
- Ability to think globally, leveraging matrix relationships to deliver on HR strategies originating from the US and being able to execute these internationally
- Build stellar partnerships with business unit management to maintain and continue building a culture of innovation and performance excellence
- Lead organizational capability through assessing talent, identifying competency gaps, following through on succession plans, and the strategic movement of people
- Translate business priorities into actionable short and long term staffing plans while partnering with Talent Acquisition to recruit, select and hire top talent
- Champion diversity and inclusion initiatives, building an inclusive and developmental culture for all, making CBS Interactive a great place to work and learn
- Assist leaders in understanding organizational interdependencies of current workforce trends by using data to determine and recommend the appropriate implementation of people strategies
- Work collaboratively as a member of the HR team and continually innovate by improving HR processes, tweaking existing programs or introducing new initiatives to drive the right business outcomes
- Understand and apply the broad perspective of the business strategy back to the HR team to ensure alignment and high client relevancy of HR initiatives and programs implemented within CBS Interactive
- Provide guidance and solutions on matters related to employee performance and team effectiveness while offering feedback on style and leadership behaviors to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and drive retention.
- Provide HR advice and guidance across US, EMEA and APAC jurisdictions leveraging knowledge and experience working with local policies, procedures and local employment regulations
- Manage, lead and develop a HR team, providing direction, guidance and management support to build a high performing team focused on driving the needs of the business
- Administer corporate wide initiatives designed to assess and recognize performance through bonus, stock, merit, employee reviews and other types of programs;
- Engage in and manage HR projects as assigned
- During your first few months you will have successfully partnered with your Tech leadership team to better understand their individual goals and will have formulated HR action plans tailored to their goals on how to attract, reward and retain key talent, both in the US and abroad. Your passion for talent management and proven track record in managing change will help us continue building a great place to work and learn.
- A key part in translating strategy into talent initiatives and working alongside HR, managers and the recruitment team to improve processes and elevate the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources (or equivalent training & experience)
- Minimum 5 years working as a HR Business Partner
- Minimum 2+ years experience working across global teams, in particular in UK, Australia, Singapore employment jurisdictions
- At least 1+ years management experience
- Strong functional HR knowledge; is well versed in disciplines of the HR function and stays current in emerging talent practices and developments
- Proven track record of successfully working at all levels of the organization, demonstrating influence and client consulting skills with employees, managers and senior leadership
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex business issues and develop HR initiatives/actions based on data and analytics to support business strategies
- Demonstrated process capabilities and metrics-driven, able to manage complex projects across multiple stakeholders
- Experience with HR legal issues and working with inside and outside legal counsel
- Operates with a high sense of urgency and initiative; able to proactively anticipate issues while providing viable, alternative solutions to the business
- Strong interpersonal and communication abilities; skilled in communicating with diverse clients, both 1:1, in large groups and at any level within the organization
- Displays courage and confidence when tacking tough coaching situations while maintaining trusting client relationship
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed environment; strong collaboration skills with peers and corporate HR partners
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and statutes which govern policies and practices of hiring, compensation and benefits and general employment
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and fun environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
You might also have –
- Masters degree and/or international HR / employment law qualifications
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.