Director, Human ResourcesApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
This role provides strategic HR Business Partner leadership for our CNET Media Group (CMG)
Would you love the excitement of working within the Digital Media landscape? Are you looking to leverage your creative business partner expertise supporting some of the most innovative and exciting brands in the industry? We have the perfect Human Resources Business Partner role for you! Working closely with the Vice President of Human Resources, the Director, Human Resources will provide a blend of strategic and consultative HR support to develop, engage, and retain talent.
We are seeking a Director, Human Resources to support our CNET Media Group (CMG) based in San Francisco. As the dedicated HR partner for this impressive brand, you have the opportunity to drive impactful business results. Partnering with both US and International digital experts this global HR role has a direct alignment with the executive leadership and over 500+ employees across the globe.
As the Director, Human Resources you will be responsible for a diverse array of HR activities related to the entire employee lifecycle. The role also provides direct leadership for our HR Manager based in Louisville, Kentucky supporting both local and remote clients teams for our CNET brands.
- Engage as a member of the BU leadership team, provide consulting expertise and apply best practices on issues including but not limited to organizational design, performance management, leadership development and coaching, succession planning, talent acquisition, diversity and inclusion, HR operations (including compensation, HRIS and benefits), and employee relations
- Build effective partnerships with business unit management to maintain and continue building a culture of innovation and performance excellence
- Coaching and developing HR managers by providing insights and feedback around performance and growth opportunities
- Drive organizational capability through assessing talent, identifying competency gaps, executing on succession plans, and the strategic movement of people
- Maintain a positive and productive work environment through effective employee relations practices. Consult with in-house legal counsel as appropriate in order to optimally manage employee relations, contain problems, conduct investigations and address issues with employees.
- Translate business priorities into actionable short and long-term staffing plans while partnering with Talent Acquisition to recruit, select and hire top talent
- Work collaboratively as a member of the HR team and continually innovate by improving HR processes, tweaking existing programs or introducing new initiatives to drive the right business outcomes
- Understand and apply the broad perspective of the business strategy back to the HR team to ensure alignment and high client relevancy of HR initiatives and programs implemented within CBS Interactive
- Administer corporate wide initiatives designed to assess and recognize performance through bonus, stock, merit, employee reviews and other types of programs
- Participate in designing and developing CNET Media Group (CMG) leadership action plans, with a view to improve employee engagement.
- Partner with our Global HR & management teams in Russia, Singapore and the United Kingdom to manage annual compensation recommendations and employee incentive plans
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- Strong functional HR knowledge, well versed in disciplines of the HR function and current in emerging talent practices and developments
- BS/BA in Business, Industrial Psychology, or Human Resources; PHR designation highly desired;
- A minimum of 5+ years of progressive HR business partner experience
- Proven track record of successfully working at all levels of the organization, demonstrating influence and client consulting skills with employees, managers and senior leadership
- Ability to understand complex business issues and develop HR initiatives/actions to support broad
- High sense of urgency and initiative; able to proactively anticipate issues while providing viable, alternative solutions to the business
- Strong interpersonal and communication abilities; skilled in communicating with diverse clients, both 1:1 and in large groups
- Must have resilience to manage a heavy workload from time to time during our annual HR processes.
- Courage and confidence when tackling tough coaching situations while maintaining trusting client relationship
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment; strong collaboration skills with peers and corporate HR partners
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and statutes which govern policies and practices of hiring, compensation and benefits and general employment
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and fun environment
- Experience and a good understanding of the digital, TV and .com world.
- Management Experience
- Technology experience like in a startup or tech company.
- Technically savvy professional with some media or technology background.
- Masters degree or certification in HR related field
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled