Director, Human ResourcesApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
We are seeking a Director, Human Resources to support our entire Sales Division, primarily based out of New York. If you are an innovative HR Professional then CBS Interactive is the place to grow your HR career!
The Director will support a client groups of 500+ employees and will assist on a variety of projects. This role is responsible for a diverse array of HR activities related to the entire employee lifecycle. The role will also co-manage an HR Manager based in San Francisco, who will support both sales and tech op clients in New York and San Francisco.
- As a fully engaged member of the BU leadership team, provide consulting expertise and apply best practices on issues including but not limited to organizational design, performance management, leadership development and coaching, succession planning, talent acquisition, diversity and inclusion, HR operations (including compensation, HRIS and benefits), and employee relations
- Build effective partnerships with business unit management to maintain and continue building a culture of innovation and performance excellence
- Drive organizational capability through assessing talent, identifying competency gaps, following through on succession plans, and the strategic movement of people
- Translate business priorities into actionable short and long term staffing plans while partnering with Talent Acquisition to recruit, select and hire top talent
- Work collaboratively as a member of the HR team and continually innovate by improving HR processes, tweaking existing programs or introducing new initiatives to drive the right business outcomes
- Understand and apply the broad perspective of the business strategy back to the HR team to ensure alignment and high client relevancy of HR initiatives and programs implemented within CBS Interactive
- Provide guidance and solutions on matters related to employee performance and team effectiveness while offering feedback on style and leadership behaviors to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and drive retention
- Administer corporate wide initiatives designed to assess and recognize performance through bonus, stock, merit, employee reviews and other types of programs; Engage in special projects as assigned
- New projects will be assigned sporadically throughout the year, based on HR and business initiatives
- Strong functional HR knowledge; is well versed in disciplines of the HR function and stays current in emerging talent practices and developments
- Proven track record of successfully working at all levels of the organization, demonstrating influence and client consulting skills with employees, managers and senior leadership
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex business issues and develop HR initiatives/actions to support broad business strategies
- Operates with a high sense of urgency and initiative; able to proactively anticipate issues while providing viable, alternative solutions to the business
- Strong interpersonal and communication abilities; skilled in communicating with diverse clients, both 1:1 and in large groups
- Displays courage and confidence when tacking tough coaching situations while maintaining trusting client relationship
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed environment; strong collaboration skills with peers and corporate HR partners
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and statutes which govern policies and practices of hiring, compensation and benefits and general employment
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and fun environment
- Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of 5 years of direct HR business partner experience
You might also have:
- Experience working in the tech industry preferred
- Management experience
- Masters degree HR related field preferred