Director, Business DevelopmentApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Burbank, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
CBS Interactive’s Technology, Games and Media group, which includes CNET, Gamespot, TVGuide, Chowhound and CBS Television Distribution (Entertainment Tonight, Inside Edition, Rachael Ray, Dr Phil and The Doctors) is looking for a Director of Business Development to forge key distribution partnerships for our award winning brands.
This person will work closely with external partners and CBSI’s product, production, editorial, marketing, legal, and sales teams to create meaningful partnerships to help grow audience and revenue for the CBS Television Distribution digital brands. Candidates must be self-starter, dynamic “hunters,” and possess solid negotiation and inter-personal relationship skills. This position draws on experience within the digital media industry, specifically: video distribution, social media platform partnerships, digital ad programs, original content development partnerships, and business planning.
- Identify and reach out directly to potential partners
- Forge strong relationships with digital media partners
- Successfully negotiate content distribution deals
- Define goals, objectives and specific video distribution strategies
- Effectively manage communication between internal departments
- This role brings much flexibility and excitement: you may be forging deals that include totally new business models; testing the waters with new partners; working with a variety of brands; and working on emerging technologies.
What you bring to the team:
- BA/BS degree with 5+ years of digital video, partnership or and/BD experience
- Solid understanding of digital content distribution practices
- Talent for identifying potential “up & coming” partners
- Possess a broad network of media contacts and are comfortable at reaching out to new partners
- Negotiation skills
- Experienced customer service skills and a can-do attitude
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
You might also have:
- Digital video production experience a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled