Digital Line Producer - CBS News.comApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
CBSN is a dynamic, 24/7 streaming news network. It is available live and on demand via the free CBS News app, on OTT, desktop and mobile. CBSN is always on and represents the future of news.
CBSN is looking for a Digital Line Producer(DLP) to work on CBSN’s domestic and international 24 hour live streaming network. The DLP will work with the control room teams managing, optimizing and timing live and on demand video content for mobile, desktop and OTT (Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire) platforms.
This role requires close coordination with the Senior and Broadcast Line Producers during live news programs, but the Digital Line Producer takes on many responsibilities from writing headlines to maximize SEO and shareability and working with video editors and social media team to edit and publish out video.
- Demonstrate expertise in timing in a control room environment.
- Coding/stack rundown content at the direction of the show producers with regard to video, graphics, scripts and other elements.
- Anticipate the needs of the show with regard to video, graphics, scripts and other elements while also taking direction from Senior Producers.
- Coordinate with the Senior and Line Producers during live news programs.
- Building show rundowns.
- Utilize video, graphics, and other elements to enhance coverage of every story.
- Part of Launch team for CBSN’s international streaming channel. Coordinate with current domestic streaming channel.
- On occasion, work directly with development engineers to improve user interface and implement sponsorship content.
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- Minimum of 2-5 experience in creating and building show rundowns in Cable, Broadcast or Digital environment
- Demonstrated success operating in a fast pace control room.
- Ability to work under extremely tight deadline to write headlines and edit video for live digital broadcast.
- Thorough knowledgeable of social media and the competitive digital news environment.
- Familiarity with Avid editing systems and ENPS and Inews.
- Available for early morning, nights, weekends, holidays. This is a 24-hour network.
You might also have:
- Experience using Crispin and INews systems
- Deep understanding of SEO.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled