Entertainment Tonight is launching an interactive streaming news network delivering celebrity, pop culture and lifestyle content and premium video. It will be available live and on-demand 24/7 via our app, on OTT, desktop, mobile and across social platforms. We strive to have our original reporting and exclusive access drive the conversation.
We’re looking for a motivated, multi-tasking Digital Associate to help create, operate and iterate our new production and distribution systems. Some duties will be editorial-based; others will be technical in nature; all will be under tight deadlines. This is an entry-level position, and we will train the right candidate on the systems. What’s most important is that candidates be digitally-inclined and have an aptitude for embracing new technologies.
Operate video management playout system, monitor and troubleshoot hourly rundowns for live and automated shows
Assist producers in coordinating copy and video/graphic elements for live programming
Work on studio floor and Control Room as needed
Assist producers in repackaging stories and guest segments in different styles for use on social platforms
Build show elements and graphics in rundown software
Identify and pitch stories making news or building buzz in entertainment and pop culture
What you bring to the team
● Journalism experience in Broadcast, Cable or Digital
● Strong research, writing and copy-editing skills with ability to turn content around quickly
● Video-editing experience, preferably on Avid platform
● Sophisticated knowledge of social media and the digital entertainment news space
● Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed, including event coverage
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
You might also have –
● History of creating compelling content for Youtube, Instagram and/or Facebook
● Familiarity with iNews/Media Central or other live rundown system
● Understanding of SEO/experience writing heds and deks
● Knowledge of CMS publishing and web production
● Experience covering live events: Red carpets, events, junkets, film festivals, etc.