CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
A successful candidate will embrace our face-paced environment and our particular emphasis on performance and reliability with both our systems as well as process pipelines. The candidate is expected to making meaningful and long-lasting relationships with engineering and operations.
We are looking for individuals that embrace our devops culture and bring confidence and trust through our initiatives.
What you bring to the team:
- Manage platform availability to defined service levels
- Build tools to extend service and application performance infrastructure
- Build tools and pipeline infrastructure to increase the efficiencies of our CI/CD pipeline
- Be meticulous and proactive about building comprehensive monitoring and alerting functions
- Be performance/data -centric to analyze / troubleshoot / enhance infrastructure
- Collaborate with the engineering on shared objectives
- Participate in 24x7 support
You may also have:
- Linux, Shell scripting, Python and exposure to PHP/Java/Golang
- Experience running infrastructures in the cloud and on-prem
- 3+ Years in a system engineering or devops role
- Working knowledge of a wide range of open source technologies (Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker, Prometheus, Spring, Hibernate)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled