CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
CBSN is a dynamic, 24/7 streaming news network. It is available live and on demand via the free CBS News app, on OTT, desktop and mobile. CBSN is always on and represents the future of news.
This position is key to robust integration between the domestic and international streams of CBSN, international partners and CBS’ Rights and Clearances teams. The Coordinating Producer is responsible for setting editorial direction with respect to content for the international stream including: identifying partner material, content cleared for use by country and/or region and the handling of breaking news into the live stream.
The Coordinating Producer will work with staff and partners to identify relevant digital multi-platform content. The position will bridge any gaps between our partners and staff including producers, editors and writers.
- Coordinating with our partners and rights and clearances teams on original and re-purposed content for the CBSN and mobile products.
- Coordinating with news gathering of CBSN and CBS News.
- This position is also responsible for conceptualizing and launching strategic content initiatives around CBSN’s digital content.
- Training and directing staff on rights authentication and content replacement for international daily stream and longer term projects.
Contribute to the development and evolution of international streaming projects/networks for CBS Digital News.
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- Minimum 3 years experience working in a fast-paced tv/web newsroom
- Bachelors in Broadcast Journalism or equivalent
- Experience in rights and clearances of video and photographic content
- Strong editorial skills and the ability to vet sources, internally and externally
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Strong understanding of international news preferred.
- Must exercise network level news judgment and professionalism
- Strong interpersonal skills
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled