Business Intelligence AnalystApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Burbank, CA, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
We are the Central Audience Development and Acquisition team. We work closely with all CBSi brands (CBS, CBS News, Sports, CNET, GameSpot, TVGuide, et al.) to develop, promote and amplify the very best content and products of what CBSi produces every day.
CBSi Central Audience Development and Acquisition team is seeking an Business Intelligence Analyst to play a highly visible and important role providing the business with the highest quality insights for decision making. From helping to frame the initial questions, shaping the data and analyzing to presenting recommendations based on the results. The BI Analyst is able to understand the problem facing the business and come back with an insightful solution.
- Updating marketing campaign tracking reports
- Working with internal and external partners
- Managing campaign initiatives with all stakeholders
- Reviewing off-the-shelf web analytics packages, directly querying in SQL against the data warehouse, and using analytics software.
- Effectively communicating with all levels of the organization and promote and defend the recommendations they are making.
- Partnering closely with product management to ensure reporting needs are met.
- Proactively identifying opportunities for analysis and optimization.
- Providing analyses and recommendations regarding programming, site performance, financial performance, and advertising effectiveness. This position reports to Director of Audience Acquisition in the Central Audience Acquisition and Development Group.
- Supporting marketing team in pushing data products initiatives to completion
- Creating, maintaining, and continuously improving process workflows to better fit the business
- Collaborating with marketing attribution vendors to ensure quality data and providing actionable insights to optimize paid marketing efforts
- Working with data science team to develop and implement propensity model for key marketing initiatives
- Developing requirements for API data ingestion with marketing managers while coordinating with data team and push to completion
What you bring to the team:
You have --
- BA/BS in statistics, mathematics, economics, or 3 -5 years experience in web analytics, media industry preferred
- Strong ability to derive insights from data.
- Thorough understanding of data modeling and relational databases
- Experience and enthusiasm with large, raw data sets
- High degree of initiative and ability to learn and very enthusiastic about data
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately on multiple projects concurrently
You might also have:
- Experience working in the tech industry preferred; experience working in the Consumer Technology, Gaming or Digital Media industries a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled