Business Intelligence Analyst, SmithsonianApply
CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world’s largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive’s brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
- Build and manage reports showing the health of key business metrics across platforms like desktop web, mobile web, mobile apps, connected over-the-top devices, and subscription video services
- Write SQL to query a data warehouse and join a customer table to a product-purchase table in order to report the number of customers in a particular city/ zip code that purchased an online video subscription service last month
- Creating reports that spotlight the lifetime value of a user that downloaded the Smithsonian Channel app (iOS or Android)
- Scrape twitter to pull in tweets from a specific hashtag from Smithsonian Channel. Use Python to perform exploratory data analysis on the data and process the tweets via a sentiment analysis engine to gauge how viewers felt about the content provided. Uncover data stories and insights and present your findings to the executive team
- Build dashboards and reports in Adobe Analytics that illustrate the fall-out rate of customers as they engage in a product purchase funnel. Make recommendations to the business from the data
- Arming the editorial staff with insights around the types of stories and content that resonated with Smithsonian Channel visitors, so they can best focus their time covering the areas of highest user interest
- Leverage insights found via 3rd-party research companies and syndicated tools (comScore) to uncover areas of strength versus Smithsonian Channel competitors. Socialize and present findings to the Sales team to aide in their efforts
- Interacting with the broader BI team; helping to shape team processes, sharing insights, ideas and reports.
- Build dashboards (using Tableau, Python and other BI tools) that illustrate how key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics are changing over time. Provide “color” and insights from the findings and make recommendations to the business.
- Create a lifetime value report (LTV) by signup month cohort for a paid online content subscription product in order to understand how much we can spend to acquire new customers
- Create a user-based analysis to understand how different consumers, broken down by behavioral segments, contribute to overall revenue. The ultimate goal is to be able to use this analysis to encourage profitable user behavior or to convert users for one segment to a more profitable one
- 2+ years experience in web analytics, online media industry.
- Strong experience in web analytics, video analytics (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics) and 3rd-party syndicated audience measurement services (comScore/ Nielsen)
- Understanding of web, native app, video measurement technology and standards
- Proficient with analytical tools and languages supporting data analysis, reporting, and visualization - Excel, Microsoft Office, Google Collaborative Apps (Docs, Sheets, Slides), Tableau, R, Python
- Experience extracting data from databases using SQL
- Strong detail-orientation with a penchant for data accuracy and good grammar
- Exceptional communicator across all levels of the organization; able to effectively tell stories with data and present findings to a non-technical audience
- Interpersonal skills and are comfortable in a diverse environment
- Strong mathematics, statistics background
- Experience using project management tools like those from Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience using Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled