Business Intelligence Analyst (Digital Analytics) - CBS Sports.comApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Interest and ability to take on highly technical analyses, which require researching, reporting, presenting and ultimately providing decision support services and actionable insights to the business. Sources of data include traffic/video/ consumption data from Adobe Analytics tools (Omniture), purchase/ subscription data via SQL queries on a data warehouse, audience data from syndicated audience measurement services (comScore/ Nielsen), Ad revenue data from Doubleclick, and many more
- Build and manage reports showing the health of key business metrics across platforms like desktop web, mobile web, mobile apps, connected over-the-top devices, and subscription video services
- Write SQL to query a data warehouse (Hadoop Hive, Impala, Teradata, BigQuery) and join a customer table to a product-purchase table in order to report the number of customers in a particular city/ zip code that purchased an online video subscription service last month
- Creating reports that spotlight the lifetime value of a person that downloaded the CBS Sports App (iOS or Android)
- Build dashboards and reports that illustrate the fall-out rate of customers as they engage in a product purchase funnel. Make recommendations to the business from the data
- Projecting the potential audience size that may be interested in a new type of paid content product by modeling conversion rates for existing audience segments
- Arming the editorial staff with insights around the types of stories and content that resonated with users during the NFL Draft, so they can best focus their time covering the areas of highest user interest
- Leverage insights found via 3rd-party research companies and syndicated tools (comScore) to uncover areas of strength versus sports competitors. Socialize and present findings to the Sales team to aide in their efforts
- Build dashboards (using Tableau and other BI tools) that illustrate how key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics are changing over time. Provide “color” and insights from the findings and make recommendations to the business.
- Create a lifetime value report (LTV) by signup month cohort for a paid online content subscription product in order to understand how much we can spend to acquire new customers
- Build a video asset recommendation engine for sports writers, so the most relevant video available in our archives is surfaced when they publish a story, ensuring users will want to watch the video attached to the story
- Create a user-based analysis to understand how different consumers, broken down by behavioral segments, contribute to overall revenue. The ultimate goal is to be able to use this analysis to encourage profitable user behavior or to convert users for one segment to a more profitable one
- BA/BS. 2 to 4+ years experience in web analytics, online media industry.
- Strong experience in web analytics, video analytics (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics) and 3rd-party syndicated audience measurement services (comScore/ Nielsen)
- Understanding of web, native app, video measurement technology and standards
- Proficient with analytical tools and languages supporting data analysis, reporting, and visualization - Excel, Microsoft Office, Google Collaborative Apps (Docs, Sheets, Slides), Tableau, R, Python
- Experience extracting data from databases using SQL
- Strong detail-orientation with a penchant for data accuracy and good grammar
- Exceptional communicator across all levels of the organization; able to effectively tell stories with data and present findings to a non-technical audience
You may also have--
- Strong mathematics, statistics background
- Experience using project management tools like those from Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience using Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery)
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.