Broadcast Coordinating Producer - CBS News.comApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
- Broadcast Coordinating Producers are lynchpin team members, responsible for making sure the reporting from CBS News' premium news brands finds the largest possible online audience.
- Working closely with the broadcast teams and the homepage editors, BCPs identify opportunities to extend the reach of our best-loved news shows beyond their broadcast airtimes.
- You'll help producers make best use of the footage their teams shoot for broadcast, but also take advantage of all the reporting that may not fit in a traditional linear schedule, but will help deepen our storytelling on our digital properties.
- Your work will appear on CBSNews.com, on our social accounts, on CBSN and via OTT platforms.
- You'll build relationships with broadcast producers to optimize scripts and packages for our online audience, and contribute to the CBS News newsgathering team more broadly.
- You have a keen eye for the sharable moment in any piece of reportage and the key line in a script that will resonate with our online audience.
- You're curious about how audiences react to footage and how to reach them - we'll equip you with the tools to understand how content performs across the board, and you'll help broadcast teams understand what's catching fire online.
- The ideal candidate is a web-native hard news fanatic who is able to work confidently across teams in a fast-paced news environment.
- BA in Journalism or equivalent journalism degree
- 3-5 years newsroom experience
- Demonstrable hard news writing skills and an ability to edit video
- Working knowledge of rundown software like ENPS, iNews, basic CMS fluency, and familiarity with editing video inAvid/Premier
- Fluency with Photoshop
- Understanding of basic SEO concepts