Booker - CBS News.comApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
We are looking for a new booking team member who is obsessed with the 24/7 news cycle and breaking news. This person will have a talent for finding influential voices who can break down and analyze a story. This booking producer will be responsible for coordinating and managing CBSN guest bookings for daily coverage and breaking news as well as long-form projects.
Your Day to Day:
- Pitch day-to-day story ideas in concert with the vision of CBSN senior producers and management.
- Manage CBSN guest bookings for daily coverage as well as breaking news.
- Work on long-term booking assignments as assigned by Director of Booking
- Manage logistics for CBSN on-air guests including ground transportation and remote studio locations
- Attend daily editorial meeting
- Plan future guest bookings for next day and long-term
- Book for CBSN broadcasts as assigned by schedule as well as teeing off the following day’s broadcasts
- Prepare overnight booking handover note as assigned by booking team schedule.
- Develop and build on current and new relationships with newsmaker guests including finding distinct, compelling, engaging and diverse voice for on-air conversations.
- Work with other CBSi teams to bring in-house talent on air for various segments on CBSN.
You have –
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism (or equivalent training & experience)
- Minimum 2 years experience in network television or cable news guest booking
- Minimum 2 years experience in a broadcast network or cable news newsroom
- Contacts of newsmakers including PR contacts, print journalists, former lawmakers, political strategists, national security experts and others.
- Willingness to work a varying schedule which may include one weekend day.
You might also have –
- Line producing experience
- Segment producing experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled