Associate Yield AnalystApply
Truly premium content. At true scale. Only CBSi.
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
Does the challenge of optimizing the revenue potential of one of the largest media organizations in the world excite you? If so, please consider applying for the Associate Analyst position in CBS Interactive’s Yield Management group.
The goal of the Yield group is simple: grow advertising revenue not simply by selling more, but rather by selling more efficiently. Yield brings analyses and insights to people at all levels of the CBS Interactive organization, but its core responsibilities revolve around how inventory is measured, packaged, and priced. The Yield team helps the sales team shape individual proposals and keeps track of how those proposals collectively consume inventory. Every month this translates into an inventory puzzle with billions of individual pieces, and by guiding how these pieces are assembled, the Yield team contributes to the overall revenue growth of CBS Interactive.
To the applicant, the role offers the following:
The Associate Yield Analyst partners with a diverse group within the company and has the opportunity to work on projects that cross departments and functions. Associate Yield Analysts contribute to projects with significant visibility.
Responsibilities include working with other Yield
team members to:
- Help shape sales proposals by providing input on product mix, inventory availability, and pricing.
- Using YieldEx, publish the inventory forecast and monitor the accuracy of total inventory capacity and availability.
- Help provide Yield reporting to senior management. This involves writing SQL queries and building reports directly from the data warehouse.
- Work with Client Services, Product Marketing, and Ad Operations to inform product strategy.
- Help manage products and rate cards.
- Monitor and optimize active campaigns.
- Streamline business processes to mitigate problems that lead to revenue losses.
- Partner with FP&A on revenue forecasting and budgeting.
- Strong Excel & PowerPoint skills
- The ability to collaborate effectively within the Yield Team as well as engage seamlessly with stakeholders across all of CBS Interactive.
- Candidates should display both a natural curiosity and a talent for finding the signal though the noise.
- The Associate Yield Analyst isn’t afraid to ask questions, or to seek answers on their own.
- One or more years related work experience. Exceptional candidates with less experience will be considered.
- BS/BA degree in a quantitative/problem solving field (or equivalent training and experience).
- Successful candidates in the past have come from such varied disciplines as Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Accounting, Math, Statistics, and Management Consulting; however, applicants from all fields are welcome.
- Experience with DoubleClick, YieldEx, Operative, Omniture, Google Analytics
- CBS Interactive is a dynamic business – candidates need to be flexible, open to change and comfortable with ambiguity.