Associate Web DeveloperApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
The Associate Web Developer is primarily responsible for developing and maintaining front-end code for high-volume, high-traffic end-user facing websites.
- Collaborating with Engineering, Product, Design, Marketing, QA, Operations and Editorial teams.
- CES - CES is the world's gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technologies. Our editors bring you complete coverage from the International Consumer Electronics Show, and scour the showroom floor for the hottest new tech gadgets around.
- Roadshow - The ultimate guide to the world of modern motoring. From tech updates to expert reviews, from Aston Martin to Uber and beyond, Roadshow brings expert perspective to the entire industry. We'll give you unbiased buying advice and reporting on everything that moves you today, plus insight into everything that will move you a decade from now. We hope you enjoy the ride!
- Smart Home - Smart home technology promises to make your living space more comfortable, more convenient, and more secure. We're here to put those claims to the test to help you find the right gadgets for your home.
You have at least 1+ year(s) development experience working with the following technologies:
- Web Standards, the DOM, cross-browser & cross-platform HTML
- CSS positioning, HTML/CSS architecture
- PHP or equivalent server-side web development language (ASP.net, JSP etc.)
- XML or JSON
- Ability to work as part of a close-knit cross-functional team
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and a high-level of accountability
- Ability to estimate development schedules
You might also have some experience or knowledge with the following technologies:
- Experience with jQuery, RequireJS, Compass, SASS, LESS, Symfony, Laravel, Build Systems
- Working knowledge of Java, C#, C, C++, Objective C
- Android (Java, C, C++) or iOS (Objective-C) mobile application development experience
- Knowledge of Agile and/or similar development methodologies
- Experience generating Scalable Vector Graphics
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled