Associate Video ProducerApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
CBSN is a dynamic domestic and international 24/7 streaming news network. It is available live and on demand via the free CBS News app, on OTT, desktop and mobile. CBSN is always on and represents the future of news.
We are seeking a skilled video editor/producer responsible for writing copy and editing, producing and posting video for the various CBS News Digital platforms, including CBSN’s domestic and international streams and CBSNews.com. This includes original content as well as video from CBS News broadcasts and other content partners.
Responsibilities include writing to and identifying the best and most suitable editorial content, navigating/publishing within CBS content management systems and work with different editorial and technical teams across divisions.
- Fulfill the needs of the daily news shows that get produced for CBSN’s domestic and international streams; this includes but is not limited to: sourcing assets for the segments of the show, communicating with DA’s, AP’s and Producers, laying in cover for pre-tapes and putting together still strings.
- Quality checking videos before they get pushed to air. This includes but is not limited to: ensuring proper color correction is applied when needed, checking audio levels are at their proper value and making sure there are no flash frames in video elements.
- Writing strong editorial copy to accompany video elements.
- Use ENPS to identify video needs for each show.
- Use Avid Interplay and Avid Media Central to source videos..
- Apply effects to video such as: spot shadows, blurs, tracked highlights, vignettes, text on screen etc.
- Ensure text on screen (courtesies and copy) are spelled correctly and in alignment with our standards and practices.
- Build out edits for special segments that air daily and weekly.
- Utilize creativity in executing ideas, developing innovative ideas and methods to present stories in the digital news space.
- Help shape the content and quality of each of our daily shows.
- Stay up-to-date with related technologies that can improve and help our workflows
- Keep current with new features and updates as it pertains to our Avid Media Composer/Newscutter NLE and its correlating infrastructure.
- Video edit more complex projects such as show opens, web extras, CBSNews.com exclusives, sponsored segments and podcasts.
What you bring to the team:
- 3-5 years experience as a video editor and/or producer for digital, broadcast or cable news.
- Network-level editorial judgment, creative storytelling and editing skills and ability to advance editorial vision.
- Strong writing skills, spelling and grammar.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in fast-paced news environment with intense deadline pressure while maintaining high level of quality in executing video edits in an Avid based video ecosystem.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud: Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop helpful.
- Must be able to multi-task and work collaboratively with editorial and technical teams across platforms and with different content partners.
You might also have:
- Expert level efficiency with Avid Media Composer/Newscutter.
- Expertise with Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Experience working with After Effects.
- Solid experience with ENPS and INews systems.
- Experience shooting video.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled