Associate Video Producer/WriterApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
CBS Interactive is a premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the industry. Our websites dive deep into the things that people care about: business, entertainment, games, news, sports and technology. With more than 290 million unique visitors each month, CBS Interactive is a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks.
- Responsible for regularly writing and reporting original web stories for CBSNews.com, as well as material generated by CBSN and by other CBS News shows, reporters and producers. This position covers general political and Washington-based news.
- Responsible for shooting, writing and editing original video segments
- May also shoot video interviews and B-roll
What you bring to the team:
- Ideal candidate is proficient in FinalCut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, Word, Excel
- An intimate knowledge of national politics, campaigns, policy, Congress and the Supreme Court.
- A proven ability to write intelligently and accurately with an exacting attention to detail, especially in high-pressure breaking news situations.
- The ability to perform efficiently in breaking news situations and the flexibility to work extra hours and on weekends.
- Must have experience in a fast-paced digital newsroom
- 1-3 years news experience required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled