Associate Video Producer (Contract)Apply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
- Publish videos that come from various requestors to CBSNews.com.
- Write headlines and descriptions to accompany videos that get published.
- Responsible for fixing and/or updating videos for our website.
- Filling in correct and accurate keywords and tags for SEO purposes as well as inputting metadata.
- QC videos that come through the CBSNews.com pipeline before publishing out to Web
- Curate videos into a playlist for our website.
- Help test new infrastructure and technologies that impact our workflow and end-user experience.
- Stay up-to-date with best SEO practices.
- Ideate new and efficient ways to improve and streamline our processes and procedures for publishing videos out to the Web.
- Keep our video publishing guide current and fresh.
- Stay abreast of the current landscape of digital news and video content for the Web.
- A minimum of 1-3 years work experience with creating and publishing video for Web platforms, writing accurate and compelling headlines and descriptions for videos and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, deal with intense deadline pressure and continually react to breaking news in a streamlined and efficient manner.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- A good understanding of SEO.
- Knowledge about social media and the competitive digital news space.
- Basic video editing skills in an Avid based environment.
- The ability to work flexible hours, holidays and weekends.
- Expertise in Avid Media Composer/Newscutter and Avid Interplay.
- Strong knowledge of video content management systems such as the Platform MPX.
- Experience shooting video.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled