Associate Video Producer - ChowhoundApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
This successful applicant will be creatively minded and capable of coming up with new ideas and contributing to the creative process, while at the same time being savvy & skilled with the technical aspects of multimedia production for online publications.
This person will command a successful understanding of how social media works and how it can help foster brand awareness for Chowhound. They will be tasked with producing content that is both engaging, shareable, and entertaining to the millions of people that follow Chowhound. This candidate must possess a creative mind capable of coming up with new ideas on the fly that help contribute to the creative process and grow both our site and social media presence.
The job will involve studio and on-location shooting, as well as editing in Adobe CC Master Collection (Premiere, AE, etc). This successful applicant will also be expected to work and follow style guidelines for projects, as well as bring their own style and creativity to others features, in addition to being skilled in all aspects of video production including the following:
- Capturing food
- Content publishing
- Live production
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for producing content specifically tailored for all of Chowhound’s social media channels.
- Quick to come up with new ideas for meme videos, food videos, digital shorts, and other easily consumed content.
- Responsible for keeping up to date on food, beverage, cooking, and restaurant trends circulating around the industry.
- Responsible for tracking video performance & metrics on various platforms (Facebook, YouTube, etc)
- Create, shoot, edit, produce and publish food/cooking videos (approximately 7/week)
- Create 5-10 Wochit videos/week
- Ability to take existing posts from Chowhound and creatively convert into interesting videos for the web.
- When necessary, is capable of handling a video feature as the sole producer, writer, editor, talent, and publisher.
- Working with our social teams to ensure our content is topical, effective, accurate, and successful at helping grow our social media presence online.
- 1-2 years of experience
- Proven ability in video production in a professional environment.
- Skilled in video editing software, media codecs, streaming technology, encoding software.
- Professional experience with Adobe Premier Pro, Adobe After Effects and Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of video distribution best practices to publish across the various distribution platforms including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram
- MUST HAVE a passion for food/drink, cooking, and restaurants!
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills and a can-do attitude.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with extremely fast turnaround times
You might also have:
- Technical Leaning
- Time and process management
- Fun, effervescent, personable, and outgoing.
- Action Oriented
- Problem Solving
- Planning Skills
- Negotiating skills
- Team player
- Should be able to shoot still food images also
- A competitive drive -- you enjoy winning and really going for it
- Ability to work independently, as well as in small teams
- Knowledgeable of various audio equipment is a huge plus
- Experience with custom motion graphics creation a plus
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.