Associate Software EngineerApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
The CBSi LeadGen engineering team designs, develops and supports our international lead generation solutions working with Global campaign managers – our platform drives substantial revenue streams for a number of key CBSi brands including CNET.com, TechRepublic.com, ZDNet.com and TechProResearch.com.
- We are looking for a talented Associate Software Engineer to join our engineering team, this position is based in Louisville and assumes normal working hours in the Louisville office. You’ll be working with a small group of engineers located in SF, Singapore and Lousiville to design, build, and maintain our proprietary state of the art lead generation system and consumer-facing web sites across our portfolio of services, including TechRepublic.com, CNET.com, ZDNet.com and TechProResearch.com.
- The position offers ample opportunity to grow as an engineer and work directly with business partners and business revenue streams.
- The position offers opportunity to work on both backend (data flows/APIs) and front-end (UI) services and solutions
- As an associate engineer, you will be given specific development tasks as part of larger business initiatives, once familiar with the code base, you will be provided additional opportunity to take on and drive a project through the engineering delivery life cycle from requirements gathering to design, implementation, QA/UAT and LIVE deploy
- You will be using agile-based development methodologies and project management software solutions
- You will work with Global campaign managers directly and provide support in the operations of the underlying platform data flows and matching tool/UI set.
- You will also be involved in trending technology such as container solutions (docker) and exploring Google Cloud Platform.
- Business project development: develop new functionality and features for your business partners based on our LeadGen Roadmap
- Platform optimization target goals: increasing user productivity and satisfaction with the LeadGen platform through driving and engaging in project work to increase speed and performance of tools, services and data flows.
- Stability: Develop monitoring metrics that can provide stability, reporting and alerts to ensure 99.99% uptime
- Container implementation and Orchestration: Develop containers for docker, deploy via Swarm/Kubenetes
- Cloud: Explore and migrate LeadGen systems to GCP
- Team: Maintain documentation for engineers and peers, give talks where applicable to share knowledge, drive new technical solutions/approaches
You have –
- BS Computer Science, Engineering, a related technical degree, or equivalent professional experience
- Enthusiasm for both backend and front-end technical development
- Interest in engaging with business partners directly in a support role
You might also have
- Experience at an online company in digital media or content creation
- GCP/AWS solutions experience
- Big Data/Query fundamental experience
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.