Associate Reporter - PopCulture.comApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Location: Brentwood, TN, US
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
PopCulture Media's "entry level reporter" is an integral part of the production of videos. The candidate will be required to come up with relevant subject matter on their own as well as work with the team of editors to create relevant content to the multiple Pop Culture verticals. The candidate will work through the process from pre-production meetings and ideating to writing the scripts for production and aiding editors in the post-production process. An entry level reporter is responsible for understanding relevant content lanes that meets the Pop Culture brand standards -- as well as proposing content that intersects with known coverage lanes as well as helping to push into new pop culture related areas. The reporter will also be writing and submitting scripts before performing on camera. Entry level reporters are responsible for aiding in production through to the end, which may include pulling necessary assets for the post-production team and/or writing supporting content items for the videos to be featured in.
Our culture is rooted in a transparent, fast-paced, and competitive environment that fosters growth by embracing consistently increasing goals not only of the individual but the collective company as well. We are a professional work place that will always embrace a start-up mentality.
- Writing Scripts (10 Best/Worst, Recap to the Rescues, Inside Looks, etc.)
- Recording scripts on camera
- Interviewing guests on camera - either in studio, skype or on location
- Writing articles associated with recorded video content
- 10 Best/Worst Lists
- Recap to the Rescues - for TV shows, Netflix series and Movies
- Inside Looks - diving deeper into hot/trending/controversial news topics
- Interviewing country artists and other popculture celebrities
- Help develop a daily/weekly Popculture news show that recaps the biggest events of the day/week
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, or other, related field
- Previous on-camera experience, either professional or internship
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Maintain good organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate well with other reporters and team video members
- Self motivation as well as ability to work within a team dynamic
A successful member of this team will be able to work with others collaboratively but also be self motivated to drive the business forward. Complacent attitudes and those interested in meeting not exceeding goals will have a hard time adapting to a workplace that expects best efforts, uses course correction, and hands-on coaching. A mentality of #SettingThePace is the heartbeat of operations and those who run through the finish line will ultimately grow in responsibility and rewards.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled