Associate Product ManagerApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
The Central CMS team provides custom-built tools to the editors of CBSi’s largest brands, including CNET, CBS News, and CBS Sports. Our tools allow these teams to publish articles, galleries, and videos, as well as organize content into feature packages and landing pages. We work collaboratively with our partners at each brand, aiming to build a platform and suite of tools that simultaneously supports all of our publications and enables each one to be unique in the industry.
In this role, you will work directly with writers, editors, product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to identify product improvements and drive new features to completion. A successful Associate Product Manager has big picture vision with a drive to make that vision a reality. This role will report to a Sr. Product Manager.
- Own specific areas of the application and serve as the point of contact for one or more publications.
- Serve as the bridge between non-technical and engineering sides of business, developing and conveying an understanding of the direction of our platform.
- Identify, document, and communicate product requirements with team members to facilitate product development.
- Test new features and guide iterations until each improvement to the CMS meets expectations.
- Support Sr Product Managers with ad hoc projects.
- Integrate a suite of new tools and design updates into to each area of the CMS, dramatically improving our users’ experiences.
- Build out our mobile interface, allowing journalists to contribute stories and media from a phone or tablet.
- Partner with product and editorial teams in specific brands to identify what CMS improvements will have the highest positive impact to their workflows, and implement those changes.
- Brainstorm and experiment with new ideas to help empower editors to provide the best premium content in the industry.
You have --
- 2 + years of experience planning, managing or documenting improvements to websites or applications in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to gather requirements from non-technical users to create solutions and explanations
- Strong technical writing abilities
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment
- Project management skills
- Self-directed work style, with ability to manage competing priorities
- The ability to work with stakeholders of all levels, including senior execs
You might also have --
- A background in journalism
- Experience working on a web application
- Familiarity with Jira
- An understanding of Agile development, Kanban boards, and user stories
- Experience blogging or writing online
- The ability to tinker with HTML and CSS
- Design, UI, or UX training
- Technical customer support or QA experience
- Familiarity with Omniture or Google Analytics
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.