Associate Market Research Analyst - CNET Media GroupApply
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
The right candidate should be able to pull data and reports and distill findings using syndicated and secondary research sources such as comScore, MRI, eMarketer and others. The candidate also should be able to pull relevant data from the primary research studies conducted internally. Building an understanding of our internal traffic measurement tools and data warehouse reports will be part of this role as well.
Data and insights provided by the candidate will be incorporated into presentations and other sales tools that are delivered directly to advertising clients. As such, the ability to understand sales’ priorities and effectively communicate and summarize research findings is a critical skill for this individual.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Support sales by providing data and analysis (from all available sources) for client calls and/or for RFPs for upcoming campaigns on an as needed basis
- Act as resource to sales team in terms of understanding, applying and talking about data and findings pulled
- Manage approvals of ad effectiveness study requests
- Pull monthly traffic reports using comScore and provide context and insights around competitive trends observed
- Maintain research portal of “self-serve” research tools and insights
- Support primary research projects as needed
- Minimum 2 years of research experience in support of sales and/or marketing efforts
- BA or BS degree required
- Team-oriented, quick learner who can work well under deadline pressure while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and attention to detail required
- Must be well-organized and able to work on several detailed projects/requests at once
- Experience working with syndicated research tools including comScore and MRI a plus
- Analytical mind - quantitative/statistical skills a plus
- Excel and PowerPoint experience required; SPSS skills a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; data visualization skills a plus
- Entertainment industry experience a plus
- Digital advertising savvy a plus
- Passionate and outgoing, able to build cross-functional relationships
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.