CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
CNET gives the most comprehensive, timely, and engaging technology buying advice and news on the planet. We work with a team of more than 80 hotshot journalists around the world to hunt down the best tech, then we tell our readers and viewers how to incorporate that tech into their lives. We live tech, and then we write and produce compelling, informative product reviews and video shows.
As part of our editorial team, you will be responsible for reviewing consumer technology products with razor wit, as well as writing news and original commentary, creating slideshows, confidently presenting products in videos, and developing buying advice and features. We're looking for an independent thinker, a creative writer, and a natural storyteller who is passionate about technology and loves the idea of bringing that passion to others.
- Pitch and write reviews, news articles, and other stories on the topics of smart home and home appliance technology
- Write scripts and appear in videos to accompany your posts
- Cultivate an active and engaging presence across major social media platforms
- Cultivate contacts with all beat-appropriate product vendors
- Support colleagues across CNET’s Reviews and News divisions with your expertise
- Become an expert technology photographer
- Travel as necessary to industry events and trade shows
- CNET Smart Home: Come work in tech journalism’s premiere facility for testing and reviewing smart home products
- Consumer Electronics Show: The industry’s largest convention where CNET creates blanket coverage from the show floor in Las Vegas
- Feature writing: You will have the opportunity to pitch and report on deeply investigative technology news stories for publication online and for the CNET Magazine
- Two to three years professional writing experience (please submit clips or links)
- Intense (some might say unhealthy) love of technology
- Familiarity with online publishing
- Detail-oriented, critically-minded, naturally curious
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
You might also have--
- Knowledge of basic HTML
- Photography experience
- Graphic design/data journalism experience
All candidates must successfully complete a background check prior to starting employment at CBS Interactive. CBS Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. CBS Interactive complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.